In order to enroll for a True Link Financial account, as defined in the Master Services Agreement, True Link Financial must provide certain disclosures required by law. True Link Financial can only provide these disclosures and other information electronically if the applicant consents.
In this E-Sign Consent, the following definitions apply: “I” and “me” mean the person who is applying to establish a True Link Financial account. “You” means True Link Financial and any person, company, bank or financial institution that is an assignee of True Link Financial’s rights.
2. Consumer Consent
By checking the “I agree to have the Terms and Conditions presented electronically,” which I hereby adopt as my electronic signature, I consent and agree that:
- You can provide disclosures required by law and other information about my legal rights and duties to me electronically.
- My electronic signature on agreements and documents has the same effect as if I signed them in ink.
- You can send all communications, billing statements and disclosures, including, but not limited to, this True Link Financial E-Sign Consent and the Master Services Agreement (collectively defined as “Disclosures”) to me electronically by posting such electronic communications to a web site that you designate in an e-mail notice you send to me at the time the information is available or to the extent permissible by law, by access to a web site that you generally designate in advance for such purpose.
- All required disclosures and communications in either electronic or paper format from you to me will be considered "in writing." I will print or download for my records a copy of this Disclosure and any other E-Communication that is important to me.
- This consent applies to my use of True Link Financial products and services, to my True Link Financial account, to all future Disclosures associated with my True Link Financial account, to all future transactions in which I use True Link Financial products and services, at any time, and to other Disclosures that you provide to me by email, unless I have, prior to such transaction, withdrawn my consent by the procedure mentioned below.
3. What I Will Need
I understand that in order to access and retain the electronic Disclosures I will need the following:
- A computer with an Internet connection.
- A current web browser that includes 256-bit encryption. Minimum recommended browser standards are Google Chrome current version (see www.google.com/chrome/ for current version), Microsoft Internet Explorer version 8.0 and above (see www.microsoft.com/ie for current version), Mozilla Firefox current version (see www.mozilla.com for current version), Apple Safari current version (see www.apple.com/safari for current version), or Opera current version (see www.opera.com for current version). The browser must have cookies enabled.
- A valid email address.
- Sufficient storage space to save past Disclosures and/or an installed printer to print them.
- If I use a spam filter that blocks or re-routes emails from senders not listed in my email address book, I must add email@example.com to my email address book.
4. Requesting Paper Documents and Withdrawing Consent
I understand that you will not send a paper copy of any E-Communication unless I request it or you otherwise deem it appropriate to do so. I understand that I may request paper copies of the Disclosures and that you will provide them to me by mail at no charge. I understand that I have the right to receive these Disclosures in paper form. I can request paper copies and/or withdraw consent by contacting you at:
True Link Financial, Inc. PO Box 581 San Francisco, CA 94104
I may withdraw my consent to receive E-Communications at any time by contacting you at the address above. Any withdrawal of my consent to receive electronic Disclosures will be effective only after you have a reasonable period of time to process my withdrawal. I understand and agree that if I withdraw my consent to receive electronic Disclosures you may – though you are not obligated to – cancel my True Link Financial account. You will not impose any fee to process the withdrawal of my consent to receive E-Communications. If I withdraw your consent, the legal validity and enforceability of prior required disclosures and communications delivered in electronic form will not be affected.
5. Updating Email Address
At any time, I can update the email address to which you will send alerts that my Disclosure is available.
I can change my email address, update my personal information, and other information related to this account by signing into truelinkfinancial.com and going to “Account.” I can also do this by contacting you at:
True Link Financial, Inc. PO Box 581 San Francisco, CA 94104
True Link is not responsible for any lost or un-received e-mails or documents. It is essential that I update my e-mail on file as necessary in order to receive e-mail notices and documents from True Link. Each time an e-mail is returned to True Link as undeliverable, True Link reserves the right to discontinue my electronic service. If this occurs and True Link discontinues my electronic service, True Link will send notices to the postal address on file along with a notice requesting an updated e-mail address. If I do not respond to such notice within the time specified, True Link reserves the right to terminate this Agreement.
6. Legal Effect
By consenting, I agree that electronic Disclosures have the same meaning and effect as if you provided paper Disclosures to me. When you send me an email or other electronic notification alerting me that the Disclosure is available electronically and you do in fact make it available online, that shall have the same meaning and effect as if you provided a paper Disclosure to me, whether or not I choose to view the Disclosure, unless I had previously withdrawn my consent to receive Disclosures electronically. I understand and agree that Disclosures are considered received by me within 24 hours of the time posted to your website, or within 24 hours of the time emailed to me unless you receive notice that the email was not delivered. I acknowledge and agree that My consent to E-Communications is being provided in connection with a transaction affecting interstate commerce that is subject to the federal Electronic Signatures in Global and National Commerce Act, and that you and I both intend that the Act apply to the fullest extent possible to validate our ability to conduct business with me by electronic means.